Sunday, November 27, 2011

Responsible by Nature

About to make some yummy soup, I turned on the light above the stove. With a zapping noise and burst of light, I realized I now would be without. After a bit of thought and contemplating a trip to the store, I remembered that I was given a free light bulb when Jon, myself and some highschool friends visited Split Rock Lighthouse in Two Harbors, MN.
As per the information provided on the box, I now know that 'CFLs use 75% less energy than traditional bulbs, saving you up to $50 over the life of each bulb.' My accomplished face was probably brighter than the bulb, itself, after I screwed it in and turn it on. Let there be light. Thank you, Xcel Energy. Although you are a monopoly, I am hopeful that you're at least doing your part in producing efficient electricity and household items that will make our future greener. They had me at 'Efficiency in your socket. Money in your pocket.' responsiblebynature.com

No comments:

Post a Comment