Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gracias Cozumel: Taco Layer Dip

I just made this masterpiece for the second time in two weeks! A big thanks to Dr. Kandace (my lovely, new boss) who practices nutrition-based healing and chiropractic for this, now favorite, recipe.  The night before my family left for a week long trip to Cozumel, Mexico, J and I hosted a small dinner gathering for my dad's birthday. The dip went almost as fast as my week off went - like poof. I was back in MN by Friday eve and am still bursting at the seams with excitement to be back in this frigid weather. NOT. So, I had some warming up to do, a craving to satiate and an empty 'fridge to fill: a win, win, win. Now, grab that cerveza with lime and let's toast to one hell of a life-changing, international experience. Barriga llena corazon contento (full stomach, happy heart, en espanol).





















Serves 10-12

2 cans refried, black beans (vegetarian)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 pkg cream cheese
1-1 1/2 cups of salsa
1-2 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can large, pitted black olives

In medium bowl, mix beans with taco seasoning mix. As the base, spread the mixed beans evenly onto a round platter. Mix sour cream and cream cheese (at room temperature), season with salt and pepper and spread atop the beans. Next, salsa. Sprinkle with lettuce, then cheese, then garnish with olives, red peppers, etc. Refrigerate for an hour or two to blend flavors. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. I would highly recommend Garden of Eatin's Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, GMO free and made with organic, blue corn. Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment