Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Revolutions.

Why wait for a new year to determine motivators for needed change? Ok, I admit I'm a bit late, but (refer to list below) these took a while. I feel as though I am constantly making small changes in my life to satiate diverse aspects of my life. Hence the name of my blog, there is no way I could keep track of ALL of these; thank god for archives.















Regardless, some personal, consistent resolutions:
1. Listen more, and truly listen.
2. See the good in everything – maintain a glass that’s half full.
3. Rise above the bad and avoid 'risky' situations all together.
4. Always be aware. Mouth closed, eyes open.
5. Be conscious of the beautiful environment we were blessed with – plant a community garden (this summer in the homeland), reduce, reuse, recycle always and inform others of their important role in making the world a better place. Every tree planted, every bottle recycled, helps.
6. Be conscious of what my body is coming into contact with; clothes, cosmetics, food, etc. – buy local, support small shops; do away with toxicity (be it unhealthy food, unnecessary consumerism, harmful relationships, etc.).
7. Be more artistic;  construct treasure from trash, learn to crochet, paint; thank you craftgawker, pinterest..
8. Reaquaint myself with a consistent, spiritual routine.
9. Ease into some regular form of exercise: yoga, biking, running? ....I'm human (refer to 12).
10. Don't overanalyze.
11. Don’t preach to an unwilling choir; mainly practice and educate those willing to follow my lead.
12. Be human. Rome wasn't built in a day.
13. Give more compliments. One compliment per one stranger per day.
14. Don't blink. Live in the moment and know that not one moment will be the same ever again.
15. Read more.
16. First seek to understand, then to be understood.
17. Never take for granted the little things.
18. Smile. Cry when I need to…and smile more.
Photo.

1 comment: