Friday, May 7, 2010

Why is it so damn hard. . .

to find an internship?

H o n e s t l y, I never EVER thought it would take me this long. . .
Come on people, I graduate in Septemeber, give me something to do! ANYTHING!
Pshhhhh. I did go in for an Assistant Manager position at Heartbreaker, went great, looked promising, was the longest interview I had ever had - - over an hour!
Only to hear her tell me she needs 40 hours a week, no less. U M M M, not happening. . .my last quarter, I'll be taking 24 credits. GAHHH. I guess I have the rest of my life to work, right? Right. I have just been broke for way too long - - I realize that I will be even more broke once I start paying back my student loans, but that's whatever, it has to be done. My sort of 'plan' after graduation was to get a couple years of management experience in, just to have it. But, I have come to the conclusion, I do not want to manage a store. Funny, that's part of my major. . .but so is a lot of other things - - product development, buying, visual merch., sourcing, sales project management - - marketing research and consumer behavior - - of which are my two faves. I am hopin' and prayin' that something in those areas come up for me, otherwise, it's on the sales floor for me. :/ borrrrrrrrring. On a more exciting note: heading to Litch. for the weekend (who knows, it just might be my last if I find something ;] ) haha - - Mom's birthday tomorrow! - - Nina B's birthday Saturday - - Mother's Day Sunday!!

Busy weekend of l o v i n' the mamas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment