Friday, May 14, 2010

WOwwwwwww...

Sometimes that is all you can say.

On Wednesday I had worked about 3 hours on a PowerPoint presentation for my trends class - - I even skipped class. I was also in charge of putting together a PowerPoint presentation for my project management class. - - Both were due on Thursday. So, Wednesday night - - Jonner and I were both laying in bed with our computers, like technologically-savvy old people (without the papers). Of course I had my flash drive in at the time, Jon got up to get something and totally snagged it. BAM! Just like that. . .FML. We noticed that it was still blinking. Stupid us, we figured that it would still work after we pulled it out. OF COURSE, it didn't. Didn't back up ANYTHING - - learned my lesson, the hard way, like always. Brought it to some place down here, $30 to try and recover the data and $200 if it works, what the hell kind of a deal is that anyway? SOOOoo, they couldn't recover anything - - keep in mind, the chip is, in no way damaged, it's just the connection. . So these dudes told us that the connection was bad (durrrr) and they tried soldering it, and it still couldn't be recognized when you plugged it into a computer. We are planning on sending it to this place that has a 97% data recovery rate. Takes about a week. .$100 to send it in and if they are able to do it, they email all of the files directly to you, so no worries about sending it back in the mail. WOWZA. . got past midterms - - luckily I emailed one of them to myself and just added what I hadn't previously done. . the trends one had to be re-done, although my teacher offered my an extention - - who wants to present a week after something is due? ANYWAYS,moral of the story...back up everything, multiple times, EVERY time! Don't be like me, who kept saying, I need to back up my flash drive in case something like that ever happens - - Kelsey Durken aka the Queen of Procrastination aka a Hot MESS for midterms 2010. Pray for me that I can get everything back for portfolio time. . :(

No comments:

Post a Comment