Monday, April 11, 2011

I am disgusted.

A proposed bill to ban photos and videos on farms without the farmer's permission. Watch this video - the thought pretty much sickens me, to say the least. Especially when those in favor of this bill claim that a lot of the undercover animal abuse is staged and they, in fact, want to pass this bill in order to protect the animals. When, IN FACT, they are merely just looking to protect their own asses. My dad is a beef farmer, although not currently, I'm obviously not 100% on that bandwagon. However, our animals were always treated like gold, they even had pet names (eerily odd, if you ask me, but it is what it is). If you do eat meat, don't you want to know where it's coming from? I am not shaking my finger at any carnivores here, but don't be naive.
This video changed my lifestyle for the better - philosophy and diet. You can even request a free copy in the mail - just email FreeDVD@peta.org - It has been about 3 years since I decided to consume no meat, with the exception of fish. I don't miss other meats at all, and hardly even eat fish anymore. Before you order that cheap, greasy, yummy, burger, do animalkind a favor and realize that we are the reason that animal is dead. Do the math: how many restaurants are within a 5 mile radius from your home, how about the meat section in your local grocery store, multiply that by towns, cities, states, countries, world. Disgusted. Now, with this many factory farms in service to feed our faces, why in the hell would they not want to monitor what's going on...funny how big brother works. Hmm. Beats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment