Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sedums - "Hens and Chicks"

My grandma has a bountiful assortment of sedums that do great out by the lake, in the more rocky parts of her flower beds. I begged her for a few to take home (inspired by my want to start a terrarium), and because they multiply so quickly, she practically begged ME to take them. She wasn't sure about how they would do in the house, as opposed to outside, but advised me to dig some out and we placed them in that ever-so fashionable, cool whip container (as seen below). By the looks of it, you already know that I'm on the hunt for a different fix that is more stylish, as well as, roomier for the little guys, although I believe they like to be crowded. Regardless, I will let you know how that goes...Side note: notice the cilantro seeds - looks like someone, cough, Jon, cough, thought it would be a good idea to sneak a few in my new, little pot (that should be interesting). Additional side note: Could my habitual process of gathering house vegetation be genetic? If so, I think I'm becoming my mother.





No comments:

Post a Comment