Sunday, June 12, 2011

Get Up, Get Out.

Seeing as this is my first summer unconfined to the obnoxioulsy air-conditioned classroom, I have found myself consumed by the thought of being outside. As a child, I was ALWAYS outside (exploring in the woods, tenting out, swimming at g'ma and g'pa's, and so on). I became distracted by school and now that I have more free time, I have added a few items to my want list - scratch the high heels, handbags or cosmetics - today, my friends, I went TENNIS SHOE shopping.





What the hell, right? Once I laced up those bad boys, my mind immediately thought back to my track and cross country days. I tried to look past the sore muscles, side aches, involuntary vomiting, etc. and was genuinely excited. Pictured below, is a shot of my last official XC run (mind you, this took place in 2007). You won't see me prepping for marathons anytime soon, but I'd like to think that I'm easing into it. Another addition includes a bike (street or trail), there are so many trails around us, and I miss that, as well. With that being said, I'd opt for a bike rack for the little Yaris. I'm definitely looking forward to the activities on my calender for the summer.













Being busy is the only way to be, in my opinion! In two weeks, Jon and I will be heading up to Lake Superior for some camping with high school friends. Beginning of July, we will be doing the annual canoe/kayak trip down the Crow River with family and friends. And, the finale, August 5th, we'll be road tripping to Seattle, WA and trekking over to the Vancouver, CA area, for family, the beauty of the area, time away and, maybe most importantly, grad schools. If the weather cooperates, we are looking to do some disbursed camping, on the way there and back (saving us the cost of a hotel room). I'm a little indifferent, as of now, Jon's still in the process of convincing me on that one. Something about sleeping on the ground after driving for hours on end doesn't rub me the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment