Friday, July 22, 2011

Recipe: Shrimp Raspberry Feta Salad

As I type, I am in the process of making supper, and salivating, uncontrollably as I look at the photos (below), realizing that I'll need to cut this short, my apologies. I love salads, especially during garden season, but I find myself adding all sorts of goodies to make them heartier (so I'm hungry 3 hours later, instead of 2 ;]). My  mom sent me home with a bunch of wild raspberries we have growing randomly around the farm: makes for a very refreshing, yet filling, combination.

Here's the deal:
Pre-cooked, frozen shrimp
Fresh lettuce - green leaf, romaine
Feta cheese
Raspberries
Croutons
Carrots
Celery
Red onion

Unthaw shrimp and remove the shells. Season and cook - I use kabobs, and put them on the grill for about 10 mins., to get somewhat of a crispy char. Croutons were made from a loaf of italian bread, from Rainbow ($2)...2 slices - pop in the toaster, butter, season with a bit of salt and pepper and cut to desired size.

On a bed of your favorite lettuce(s), scatter raspberries, shrimp, crumbled feta, croutons, chopped carrots, celery, red onion and, may I recommend, Newman's Own Poppyseed, salad dressing; a definite favorite of mine, light and refreshing and pairs well with fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment