Monday, September 19, 2011

25 years...

four children later and they are still going strong!
Today is a very special day for my parents who have officially made it 25 years together. JJB and I have just celebrated our 4 1/2 year anniversary, so it's pretty hard for me to even imagine. I knew, over a year ago, that us children would need to do something out of the ordinary for my ohso humble parents. So, next weekend, we will be celebrating hard! I knew, going into it that planning something for 100+ people wouldn't be easy; the venue, the date, invites, newspaper announcement, decorations, food, mini biff, keg, entertainment/music....woof. But I can say, with mostly assurance, that I am ready. I will take one day off (Friday) from work and cannot wait to see it all come together.








This experience has taught me that I'm a relatively calm planner, as I have mostly mastered the delegation card. Without everyone doing their part, there is no way it would go smoothly. Although, I'll tell you after the day just how successful our planning was. Until then, I'm gonna bust my little buns just a little bit more and then enjoy myself a WHOLE damn lot!
Happy SILVER Anniversary to the GREATEST couple I know~
Thank you for your lead in love and being a great example to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment