Monday, September 12, 2011

Stereo Heart.

The other night, JJB and I were feeling a little antsy and decided to take a stroll down to Minnehaha Falls. This destination is one we frequent, often...it's a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of the city - it also reminds me a great deal of home. On this little adventure, we tried something a little different. Instead of the usual conversing back and forth, we decided to try ipods and ear buds for a bit. Turns out, it was simply fabulous.
One might assume that listening to personal music devices would detract from the togetherness of the situation. On the contrary, I discovered that this was a marvelous idea - JJB's might I add. Initially, I was a little taken aback by it. I then realized that effective communicaion does not merely involve spoken words. We were so much more in tune with eachother: holding hands and making eye contact, for starters, increased ten-fold. As our auditory perceptions were distracted, our other senses rose to a similar (much higher than usual) level. For all you non-believers, giive it a try!
photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment