Tuesday, September 27, 2011

my stars are out of line. but only for a while.

Seriously....Is it January (and my birthday) yet? I'm not complaining. I'm not wishing away my youth. However, 22 has been a WEIRD year for myself. I use weird, because I'm not sure how exactly to feel about it. I have had a lot of very very good times...but a lot of life lessons were learned; the hard way. I'm not sure why, or if it has to do with the mirror I broke last year, or if I have had mostly good luck, so that's why the bad luck seems so consistent, but...weird, in general.
I'm pretty good at bucking up and learning quick, though. And, I know...it's life - but, for me, the stars haven't been quite aligned lately, and I feel like others can probably relate in some way, shape or form, as I have been hearing mentions of similar 'out of the ordinary' occurences taking place in their lives, as well. On a glass-half-full note, fall is in the air..usually I'm sort of depressed, because I'm such a summer baby. On the other hand, though, it's a bit refreshing as I was never really outdoors to enjoy the weather much anyway. Work, work, work. I wouldn't trade my job for the world. I am constantly reminding myself that the encounters and challenges that I am facing now may appear to be troublesome, however, they are truly blessings in disguise. Each situation alters the person that I am and I can tell that, as a person, I have changed quite a bit from the person I was a year ago and that will only continue. FATE is a strong word. I know what's meant to be will happen and run its course and as the wise Buddha once said, "The mind is everything. What you think, you become." In other words...Keep on truckin'.
Photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment