Monday, February 22, 2010

Yikes. Rant post, reader beware. ;]

It was SUCH a BEAUTIFUL day today. Buuuut, with the good, there is always some bad. . .

Things I DESPISE about Downtown/Nicollet Mall:
  • Creepy people
  • People begging for money (I realize some can't help that)
  • Police cars, and the people that cause them to park on the sidewalks
  • People that budge in front of you in the bus line, welcome back to elementary school!
  • Concrete everywhere
  • The pigeons that don't move or fly extremely low (buzz you) I swear they find that hilarious
  • Cat calls - - I'm going to start wearing a snow suit to and from school, ugh
  • Crazy drivers
  • Snow
  • Loud, loud fire truck sirens, I swear, every 10 mins., roooOOOOOooooOROOOooooOOO.
  • There are more, but now I just feel like I'm ranting again. :)
Things I LOVE about Downtown/Nicollet Mall:

  • A man that plays a trumpet as the sound echoes throughout the buildings
  • Tall buildings
  • The hustle and bustle - - there are always people on the go! 6, 7, 8am is their forte
  • Diversity
  • Looking like crap one day and not caring because you don't know anyone, anyway
  • Shoe shopping at Macy's or Target on my break between classes (spending money that I obviously should be spending else) ;] - - nahh, i'm good, promise.
  • Public transportation, cheap - - compared to parking and convenient
  • Happy hour on breaks from class with the ladies, ahhh, wish I could do that more often
  • There are many more...
You know, I got to thinking and I am going to try and write in this 'bad boy' every day. With school and such, I don't know if that will happen as religiously as I hope it will, but it's worth a try. Even if I have a bad day, I will be sure to try my best and post on this thingy. If i get in like a bad accident and break my fingers, hands, arms, etc. It's probably not going to happen, sorry kids. :) I made chili today. . . My grandma, being the sweetheart that she is, decided that she was going to send some vegetarian chili mix back with Erin. . . Let me tell you, it was interesting. I always like my soups really chunky, so it consisted of potatoes, garlic, carrots, corn, black beans, stewed tomatoes, veggie pepper, and, of course the mix. When I poured the mix into the water, though, these little lentils swelled up (I believe the technical term for them is textured soy protein) lol, but the texture and taste is similar to hamburger, so I almost barfed, but it was really good besides that, so I'll do my best to eat 'er up. I'm not a full vegetarian, I still, occassionally eat fish, shrimp, that sort of stuff, but I don't want anything that looks, feels or tastes like damn hamburger in my vegetarian chili mix, hhh. . . oh wells, guess you live and learn! :) If you read this, I'm sorry, you are now probably dumber.

Have a lovely dayyyyyyyyyy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment