Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm bad at this. . .

I promised myself that I would try my best to do this religiously. . .

(preferably every day) - - looks like that's not going too well. But, honestly, I gotta lot going on. Found out yesterday that I have 2 (did you see that right?) TWO weeks to find an internship for Spring quarter, which officially starts April 5th. YIKES! Only requirement - - must put in 120 hours total, give or take a couple. SOoo, about 11 hours a week, not bad, since I only would have 3 on-ground classes, plus the internship. I was hoping for the ShopNBC internship, just because it's closely related to my area of interest, however, it's from june-august, and I just can't do summer! That would mean 5, on-ground classes, ANNNNd an internship; I think I would be setting myself up for failure, a massive stroke or panic attack, because I'm so stressed out! haha, I went into my academic director about 6 months ago and told him I didn't want to be in this position - - very few classes to choose from my last couple quarters. He assured me that I would be fine and he'll make sure that the classes I need are offered. Well, SURPRISE, here we are. Thanks, John. REAaaaallly appreciate it. Anyway, here is a list of the places that I have looked into and realized that you need to be in graduate school (bummer) or have already applied to:

-Padilla Speer Beardsley
-General Mills
-Target
-Best Buy
-Kelloggs
-3M
-Maritz
-Land-O-Lakes
-JCPenney
-ShopNBC
-The Boot Shack
-Hormel
-SuperValu
-Philip Morris/Altria
-Sherwin-Williams
-Schwan's
-Numerous Craigslist ads (not the most reliable)
-I'm sure I'm missing a few. . .

Buuuut, this is s t r e s s f u l .
I am hoping, praying, wishing for someone to call me up.
Sooner than later.
Pray for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment