Friday, June 4, 2010

Ahhhhhh. . .

Decisions, decisions.

Jon-boy and I went to 4 apartment showings on Wednesday...and easily ruled out 2 of them. That means we narrowed it down to two, and why? . . because we each love one. EFFFFFfffff..not good, when you have two, stubborn people trying to come to a consensus. NOT TO MENTION, both of the apartments are being checked out by other people...therefore, we may end up with neither. Who knew this would be so hard..maybe someone could help us decide - - neutral partyyy!

Jon's Pick: Karinsplass Apartments
$900/month - - It's practically right on campus - - which is definitely the butter to his bread, so to speak. haha. It has underground, heated parking (additional $65/mo.), or street parking (permit - $25/yr) all utilities paid, tenant pays only electric (around $30/mo.) Pretty spacious - lots of closet space. Coin laundry down the hall...and elevator. With internet and cable, we figured it would come out around $1,000 a month. Cons - downtown feel, little noisy, lack of street parking (during school time), kinda spendy.

Kelsey's Pick: Condo in NE Minneapolis
$850/month - - 2.3 miles from Augsburg (this is 'too far' for Jon to drive) jeeeezzzz. A great plus to this place, is the peacefulness. Having lived downtown for a couple of years, I am ready to get away from the craziness of it all. It's like you're in a suburb, yet a couple miles away from it all. Totally remodeled, one free parking spot in the lot and more on the street (no permit). Stainless steel appliances, and get this: washer and dryer IN THE UNIT. . .i have been confined to coin laundry for the past 3 years - hence why I don't do laundry and just save it 'til I go home. Sucky, I know...but I can't really find the sense in spending $6 to wash and dry my clothes..Cons - - 3rd floor & no elevator, the horrid distance to Augs. and it's available now - we are looking for September, so I'm pretty sure it's going to go FAAAaaast. Tenant only pays electric and cable/internet. We figured it would total around $930/month.
Like I asked Jon - - are you willing to sacrifice quality for location? - - of course, he said, yes. He's a boy, I'm assuming 5 mins. more of sleep in the AM vs. laundry takes priority. Although he does really like it - - I wish we could just take this apartment and plant it on the edge of campus...hmm, wouldn't that be nice? ANnnnnd, I won the coin toss - best out of 3, then best out of 5...that says something...hmmm....wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. Two miles Jonny boy ;) isn't there a bus that prob goes back n forth from there? I like Kelsey's pick..just sayin' ha! laundry gets me everytime!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete