Thursday, June 17, 2010

Love summer.

Hate severe weather.

Earlier, this afternoon, after 13 straight days of clouds and rain, I hit up the deck to catch some UVs. Shitty thing is - with the heat, comes the storms. I enjoy the relaxation & hydration of the of the occasional thunderstorm. My faja's a farmer, and of course I know how important that rain is. As I sit in my apartment on the top floor, watching the tube - talking about tornado warnings and baseball-size hail, I just wonder why? Tornadoes are scary. We were all sitting in class - - for most of us the last class of the quarter. OH YEAH - - I'm down to one now! ;] ANWAYS, hearing about the crappy weather, no one really wanted to travel. However, after a few minutes of debating, we decided that unless you're heading west (which is where all of the action is going on) you should be fine. SOOOooo, I took off on my walk home (5 blocks). The damn wind almost blew me over! Then, a block over, on Nicollet Mall, I was really suprised to see the outdoor restaurant seating to be full. - - Hmmm, crazies. Not-to-mention that last summer, it was the same deal. I was sitting in class - - sirens were blaring and we were supposed to 'calmly' watch a movie about 1990's art. wtf? The result of that was a tornado touchdown by the convention center, which is about 2 blocks from my apartment, so I was a little taken back. Anyways, as I am ranting, the tree outside my window is swaying so hard that I think it may come through the screen on my open window. Better shut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment