Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another year older...

another year....?
You know you're getting older when you feel like it's (financially) a good idea to work on your birthday. As I was screening an older woman today, she quickly mentioned that she couldn't talk long - she had quite a long list of errands to do, including a visit to the salon. As she stood with a purse in her hand and a foot out the door, I assured her that I would only need a few minutes of her time. When I got to the age question, she proudly stated with her strong, southern accent, "I'm comin' up on 81." After explaining to her that I would need to call her back to schedule an appointment, she briskly-yet-sweetly boasted, "If you can catch me!" Tonight, I'm going to make a toast. To myself. Here's to another 60+ years, lady. Make'em count.

No comments:

Post a Comment