Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am a glasshalffull person.

But probably not this week.
The week in which I call the worst week, ever? Could it be? Hard to believe considering it's only Tuesday...However, I wouldn't mind hoppin' off this rollercoaster ride. Last Monday, I started feeling a ridiculous pain/creepy-crawly feeling in my calf. I was busy hosting all week, so by the time I got off, all the clinics were closed. Saturday, I finally went in to urgent care, where I was told it might be a blood clot (I was at risk especially because I just recently had a long flight and I'm on the pill - go fig). "If you were MYYyyy daughter, you would be in the ER." Sorry lady - I'm not droppin' that kinda money - so, I waited 'til yesterday, and finally gave in and got an ultrasound, especially after hearing all the horror stories about not having any symptoms at all then BOOM, you're dead, because the clot broke loose, traveled up the bloodstream and into the lung, causing a pulminary embolism - NO THANKS. I have to admit, it was a little odd getting an ultrasound with Jonny along, I guess you could say it felt kinda right? Was a little hard to imagine being there for another reason, though. "There will be plenty of time for that later, kids." ANYWAY, no clot. Praise Allah - but then it's like, oh shit, what IS it then? Today, it's feeling OK - still a little tender and odd pressure down there. The doc. thinks it was a little something they like to call a Baker's Cyst, which may have burst behind
my knee and that's why I felt pain that started in my calf, as it gradually made its way down to my foot - evidently, it was blood/fluid just letting gravity run its course - something that will work itself out. Hmmm. Yesterday, I received a call to go interview for an assist. manager position at MOA. GOOD NEWS?! ..Rollercoaster, I tell ya. So, today after work, I made my way over - pulled onto my level of the parking ramp and BOOM, just like that, my car was shaking and sounded like our 30 year old three wheeler back home - not good. Especially when it's the only form of transportation to and from work. I was literally scared to turn it back on to decently park the damn thing. But, I did. Turns out, my spark plug's internal threads are worn off - it needs to be towed. In a perfect world, it would sit until Monday and my parents would come with trailer - but MOA isn't that nice. And, Jon is my hero - yet again - you should've seen this girl attempting to fix a spark plug and checking/adding oil - what a sight - you'd think people would recognize a damsel in distress when they saw one. Oh, and it was pretty lovely being stranded at the mall, until those 5 hours roll by, then you're practically begging for your bed, complete isolation and a 2nd, possibly 3rd job. Let's see what tomorrow brings....(at least I got to see my faja and baby brother tonight) ...breathe kelser, breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment