Tuesday, December 21, 2010

As I sit in traffic. . .

for a good 2 hours longer than usual, gridlocked and going 5, yes I said it, 5 miles/hr. on the freeway....
All I can think of is my happy place, a place that I drift away to often - that looks exactly like this:
As shocking as it is, I will be meeting my HAPPY place in a little less than a month! Never has this girl even been on a plane! ANNND, only in my dreams (more frequent during the winter) have I ran through white, warm sand and clear, blue waters. Instead of buying Christmas presents this year, my family has decided that we are long overdue for a vacation (and they think that it's only a matter of time before weddings and kids come along - it might be our last chance, so to speak), sooooo we are going to HAWAII! This picture is actually taken minutes from where we're staying. Needless to say, I'm soooofuckingexcitedddddd! A little bummed, because I really enjoy buying presents for people and, of course, getting them in return. :) However, I know the memories that will be made during a week in the sun will be those to cherish forever, and MUCH more valuable than anything that one could find under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment