Monday, December 20, 2010

Graduation Dayyyyyyyy.

I'm a big girl now - evidently.
This past Friday, December 17th, 2010, I walked across the stage and received my pretend diploma (I was already mailed my diploma a couple of weeks ago). I officially graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Fashion and Retail Management from the Art Institutes International, MN and had my portfolio show at the end of September, so it was a little weird to be back, but not really...I felt like participating in the ceremony was something that I had earned and I knew I couldn't nooooot walk. In the end, it is truly a day I will never forget - almost like spreading the yummy, buttery icing on the cake that I had been baking for about 3 years now. Also, it made graduating from college seem a little more real, since it really hasn't even sunk in yet - but it helped. Since September, I have been working as a Market Research Assistant for Leede Research - a small marketing research firm in Plymouth, MN. I am learning a ton and brush shoulders with Fortune 500 clients on a weekly basis. I'm still keeping one eye out for something that pays a little more - but for now, this girl needs all the experience she can get and can't get too picky with the slow economy.
I am looking at the Ph.D. Pyschology program at the U of MN - Having already missed the application deadline for December 1st, I figure, if I truly want to go back in a couple of months - I can start preparing - studying for the GRE/GMAT - getting together recommendation letters, etc. Grad. school preparation/acception is no easy feat, but as of now, I cannot stop thinking about it, so it will most likely happen. Until then - this WOMAN is now in active pursuit in the employment department - get ahold of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment