Wednesday, December 29, 2010

offices...

are boring. as hell.
I am fortunate enough to say that I do, in fact, have an office at work - complete with doors, a desk, a phone, a stapler (amazing, i know), a window!, etc, etc. I know, lucky me, right?! No really, I could be stuck in a tiny, four-sided, cubical somewhere, but I'm not - we even have a cute little pond outside that doesn't freeze over during this time of year, simply because the 30 ducks are not going to take 'ice' for an answer. As I was sitting at my desk today, on the phone and on hold with some medical firm, just taking in the jazzy, elevator, youreonholdsowe'replayingthissoyoudon'tgetimpatientlyangry music. I found myself slipping into a daydream (me, daydreaming? noooooooo wayyyy) and staring at a yellow, Accent highlighter, until the A and the T seemed to melt from the plastic and dance with one another to a Mr. Miles Davis tune. Is this normal? God, I'm weird. Good thing today's my Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment