Friday, November 12, 2010

addicted.

to caffeine?
I rarely drink pop, with the exception of this past week.
At work, they were trying to get rid of some pop, which was getting close to the expiration date. So, I thought, why not? Plus, it was a tiring week of hosting mostly every day and those clients can be quite demanding, so I needed the pick-me-up. Thursday, I was pop-free and decided I really wasn't in the mood for coke another day - annnnd, after talking with my co-worker about how the acidity in coke can do some considerable work on metal and the aspartame is actually pretty harmful to your body - I opted out. Within an hour later and around the usual caffeine-fix time, I started getting a headache for no apparent reason and felt pretty drained. I took a couple of advil and a half hour to an hour later - it was still there, which is also unusual. Feeling experimental, I grabbed a pop, finished about half of it and felt fine. WHAT?! Could a caffeine virgin really become hooked that quickly? I'm thinking so.
According to http://www.caffeinedepence.org/, common withdrawal symptoms include:
Headache
Fatigue
Sleepiness/drowsiness
Difficulty concentrating
Irritability
Depression
Anxiety
Flu-like symptoms
Impairment in psychomotor, vigilance and cognitive performances

No comments:

Post a Comment