Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Caged Bird Syndrome?

I am having a mid-mid life crisis. Sort of. Sometimes I just feel like I'm stuck. I know my potential and I'm a huge planner - which is why it gets frustrating to be dissatisfied. Don't get me wrong, I have SO many things going for me right now - but I want more. A challenge. Something else to look forward to. I climbed the mountain to graduation pretty quickly and now I'm craving a new obstacle. My way of defining this term is not similar in anyway to sites like Urban Dictionary, as the definition goes, "When one is caught in the boring part of a relationship and they feel trapped and want to leave the relationship but they cant." Partly because it's totally a focused on a different dynamic of life, in my case, but mostly because I made it up. My definition of the term is more concerned with life, in general. Feeling a little trapped in your current environment, moreso in relation to physicalities - like mn. I have a job now, but it's one of those stepping stone jobs. Although I am learning a ton, It's not what I want to be doing at this point. I know, I'm 21, just graduated and we're in a recession. Blah, Blah, Blah - it's hard not to dwell on that, but sometimes it's more true than false. In the meantime, I am applying to corporate jobs, that will provide me with tuition reimbursement and a ticket to bigger, probably better, things.

1 comment:

  1. I literally had this exact same epiphany today. Only some can even recognize the cage they're in. most people are just conditioned to thinking that's all life has to offer and accept life at that. it's the special ones who notice they're in a tiny cage and there's a whole universe to fly through

    ReplyDelete