Sunday, November 28, 2010

black friday..

is for the crazies.
Black Friday, to me, is like going to an amusement park and having to wait in line for evvvvvvvvverysingleride. For 5 hours. It's just SOOO not enjoyable. I don't get the rush - I just want to punch people - acting like a pack of carnivorous wolves, awaiting that big old, juicy steak that is the giant 50'' plasma flat screen. OK, so maybe I am exaggerating a little..I take that back. Because I am nice, I accompanied my little brother on a trip to Walmart at 12am on Black Friday. The items that he wanted to purchase were, of course, not on sale - typical guy - but he wanted them right that night. Turns out he was given false information - that one of his sought after PS3 games would be half off - mmmmNOPE. AnyWHO, we got our goods and headed to the front of the store to wait in a massive line. The place was PACKED, which is a bit suprising for the small town of Litchfield, Minnesota, but I'm sure everyone in the 30 mile radius thought it would be worth their time to check it out. My sister took off on a trip to St. Cloud (about a 40 min. drive from Litchfield) at 3am and came back with nothing but boxes and a free snow globe. OOOoooAhhhhh. Nah, this girl would rather be sleeping. I have come to discover a veryyyy interesting personal trait of mine. After being involved with retail for a decent amount of time, I realize that I expect the best customer service, or else I get annoyed ppppreeettttyy easily. If you're not good at it, you shouldn't be doing it, bottom line. If I'm going to be pumping my money into a store, I don't want to be trampled, ignored, pushed, held-up, stressed or running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Props to those of you that ventured out on that evil, yet financially stupendous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment