Monday, November 29, 2010

What part of NO MEAT -

Don't people understand?
I knew it, I jusssssssst KNEW IT. As I was sitting in a small cafe on main street in good old, Litchfield, MN, I sat down to a generous menu of nothing but dishes containing, yours truly, meat. For the past 2 years, I have been on a fish only, pescatarian, diet. I love it. I have always been extremely picky with meat and have slowly just eliminated most of it from my diet. Fish, on the other hand, is still OK in my mind. Back to my story: I decided on the Farmer's Omelette, consisting of SAUSAGE, cheese, diced peppers, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms - pretty much YUM, without the meat. Sooo, when it came time to order, I EMPHASIZED to the waitress, to say the least - that I didn't want meat in any shape or form on my omelette. Unless she is legally deaf and/or blind, I know she got the point. But did she really?

FLASHBACK: A few months ago, I was at a Perkin's in Minneapolis and ordered the Everything Omelette and also elminated the meat option. Gobbled down most of it, until I came to the last 3/4s and noticed a couple of pieces of ham. Believe me, if I had tasted it, I would have noticed right away. 2-3 pieces of meat was on it, at the most - I SWEAR, they do that just to spite me.
So, the whole time I was sitting there, I just kept thinking, there is going to be damn meat on my omelette. Food was served, checked around my plate and it looked fine - got about half way through it and GAHHHH, ham. WHAT THE HELL. I give up. Even if I did eat meat, the omelette I ordered had SAUSAGE in it. Unwritten rule #1: If you suck at listening, you will make a horrible waitress - find another job! In the past I have been too nice about this, chefs (aka high school dropouts in small towns) need to realize that people can get pretty sick from even accidently consuming different forms of meat, especially if it's been years since they have eaten it. I made my dilemma known to the same waitress that took my order - she felt bad and told me she'd give me 10% off. UGh. GEE THANKS! :/ If I get the shits from this omelette, miss ma'am, I'm payin' you a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment