Sunday, November 7, 2010

the difference between

losing and misplacing.
Either way - they both suck.
In the past week, I have experienced a love-hate relationship with my common practice of organized chaos - of which I'm sure most can relate to. I may not be the neatest person, however, I can tell you exactly where any valuable, personal item is at any time. Which is why it drives me absolutely up the wall when something goes missing. About a week ago, I couldn't find my visitor parking permit anywhere - it's about the size of chapter book, so it's not like it's tiny. I always put it in either my car's glove box or our junk drawer. Of course, it happened to disappear the other day, when Jon's parents were here and needed to park on the street. After searching desperately for over a week (calling hotels, searching parent's cars, ripping apart my residence) I decided, I'll just go spend the $10 and get another one. After a few days and a couple of failed trips to the dept. of traffic/parking services - I was still out a parking pass. As I was emptying the dishwasher, I opened the cupboard right below my junk drawer (a cupboard in which I rarely explore), I noticed none other than, my effing parking pass. Turns out, my junk drawer was too full and when I opened it to get the pass, it caught and fell down to it's death. And mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment